As a physician office, we understand and share our patients’ concerns about the spread of Coronavirus/COVID-19. On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic, the first to be caused by coronavirus. The WHO director said hope remains that COVID-19 can be curtailed, if actions are taken to curtail the disease.
As the status of the outbreak is rapidly evolving, we want to let our patients know what steps we are taking to address the situation in the office now, as well as what we recommend for our patients outside of the office. This information is based on the most current updates from the World Health Organization, the CDC, the Iowa Department of Public Health, and other official sources.
At this time, we will remain open during our usual business hours.
The office always follows standard protocols for cleaning hard surfaces, especially patient contact surfaces. At this time, we are sanitizing patient contact surfaces after each patient contact. For other hard surfaces in patient exam areas, we are disinfecting at least twice daily.
In addition to our cleaning procedures following every patient visit, at the end of each day we are thoroughly disinfecting all hard surfaces. Bathrooms are disinfected after each use. We will continue to monitor updated information and will maintain cleaning protocols as recommended by health care officials.
We will also discontinue use of communal pens, reading material for the waiting area and institute an open-door policy (to reduce use of doorknobs) unless explicitly asked for privacy.
If you are a high-risk patient, please let us know and we will do everything in our power to schedule you at a time when no other patients are scheduled.
We also share concern for our patients while they are out of the office. The CDC has recommended the following everyday preventive actions to keep yourself and your family healthy:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.
- Stay informed. CDC’s COVID-19 Situation Summary will be updated regularly as information becomes available.
Please feel free to call us at 515-382-2128 if you have questions about our office procedures as we work together to stem the spread of Coronavirus.
The Team at Frideres Chiropractic Clinic